Honors Courses and Accelerated Math Levels Information
Honors courses are designed to provide academically advanced students with sophisticated and complex learning experiences in reading (6th) and language arts (7th & 8th). Advanced math students will also have opportunities to participate in accelerated levels of mathematics. These courses demand the highest level of participation, effort and quality from students. For more information regarding how students are selected for the honors program, please visit the BPS homepage/ gifted and talented/ middle school Honors Overview
Important Immunization Information:
Your 7th grader must bring the following immunizations up to date for fall entry into 7th grade:
- Tetanus/Diphtheria with Pertussis (Tdap) booster
- Second dose of Measles, Mumps, Rubella (MMR)
- 3 Doses of Polio
- 3 Doses of Hepatitis B (HBV)
- 2 doses of Varicella (chickenpox) or disease date
- Meningococcal (Meningitis)
Documentation of your child's compliance is due to the OMS Health Office immediately. Chromebook Information Dress Code PolicyAttendance Policy
Attendance Line: 952-806-8602Transportation InformationHomework PolicyABCs of Learning & Grading Information
Bloomington Sportsmanship Expectations
OMS After School Policy
Middle School Security
Parents and families, please be aware of the following afterschool policies regarding students in the building:
• All middle schools will lock their doors at 3:15 p.m. each day. Students not in any school- or district-approved program or activity must leave the premises and school grounds at this time.
• Students are allowed in the school after this time ONLY IF they are in a Galaxy program, school-sponsored athletic or academic program, or other approved purpose.
• Please make arrangements with your students for pick up or transportation home.
Incoming Student Information
FAQS for New Families
Olson Registration Information
(Wednesday and Thursday, July 26-27 and
Tuesday and Wednesday, August 1-2, 2017)
In District Transfer Request
Student Program LinksFood Service and Menu Information
Additional Opportunities for Parents/Students/FamiliesWhat's a "Moodle"? A guide for parents
An important part of our 1:1 technology has been the implementation of a classroom tool for teachers and student communication, assignments, testing, etc. Here is a link to additional information
and a quick video.